Thursday, June 16, 2005

Cause of death: Alzheimer's + uncles

"Cornett lost his father to Alzheimer's disease, as well as a few uncles."

Hee-hee. I can picture the autopsy now: "Mr. Cornett died from a number of causes: Alzheimer's played a role, as did the multiple stab wounds he received from his four brothers."

How about: "Cornett lost his father and a few uncles to Alzheimer's disease."

Even then, I'm somewhat perturbed by the vague "few" uncles. Even if it's only three (what I consider the minimum threshold for "a few"), that's still quite a lot of brothers to be brought down by the same affliction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Zesch said...

Of course you know that a person dies of a cause not from it.

6/30/2005 1:11 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, no! I have been out-snarked! I've been dreading this day ever since I started blogging!

By the by, Z, your blog is a thumping good read.

6/30/2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Here's ANOTHER way to read it:

Cornett lost his father to Alzheimer's disease. He also lost his uncles. Witnesses are unsure whether Alzheimer's contributed to his misplacing them.

10/03/2005 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home